Friday, July 3, 2015

Phenomenal Reads With Emily: I'll Give You The Sun



  You know you love a book when you ask Siri to call you one of the characters names. She now calls me Jude. I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson is mostly about two twins named Noah and Jude, their family, and people they meet. Noah tells the story when he and Jude are 13-14 years old, and Jude tells the story when she and Noah are 16. Noah is a boy with little friends. He draws to pass time, while Jude is popular and surfs. Each twin has a secret that they are keeping from the other. Jude worries if she tells her secret, Noah will never talk to her again. Noah believes that by keeping his secret, he is protecting his family. All The characters are connected in wild and unbelievable ways.
   Now I'll Will talk about the characters.
   Noah: Noah is absolutely my favorite character in theis book. With only a few pages into his point of view, I already felt I knew him and was in love with his character. He is just do devoted, sweet, and super talented. His character was just simply perfect and likeable.
   Jude: Jude is also very talented, she just doesn't really know it. She is an excellent person, that you'd think is on a path to success, but she gets a little lost along the way. She starts hanging out with the popular crowd, and after something happens that hurts her family, and completely destroys her brother, she changes dramatically- and so does Noah.
    This book is great. I finished it in 5 days, because it was so interesting I couldn't put it down. I felt that the characters were extremely realistic and in depth. Jandy Nelson describes the characters like she actually knows them. Also, both characters are very relatable. There are many surprises in their path, all of which you will not see coming. I can not stress this enough; read this book. It will forever change your life. 5 out of 5 stars. Fantastic work Jandy Nelson.
                                                                          - Emily

Check out another "Phenomenal Reads With Emily":





Or look at this "Bookworm Review":




No comments:

Post a Comment