Thursday, June 25, 2015

Phenomenal Reads With Emily: All The Bright Places

 
  Recently I have read All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. Let me tell you this: I could not put it down. I finished this book in about 3 days, not because it was a quick read, but because I literally could not put it down. All The Bright Places is about two teens: Theodore Finch (Theodore Freak) and Violet Markey (Violet Remarkey-able). They first meet at a bell tower at their high school, and save each other from jumping off. Violet is depressed because her sister died, and she blames herself. Finch is mentally ill, and has been bullied most of his life. When they team up on a school project, they become friends. This is where their beautiful and tragic story starts.
   I came across this book looking for novels to enjoy over the summer. In an hour of looking, I found myself  with a long list of a little over 15 books, with All The Bright Places at the very top. I was so anxious to get my hands on this book, that I got it from the library the very next day. Jennifer Niven is a genius. I repeat, a GENIUS. This book is one of my new favorite books. If you do not read it, your life will not be complete (I might be exaggerating just a bit). Overall, this book was lovely.
                                                                                       -Emily

Check out another "Phenomenal Reads With Emily":

Or look at this "Bookworm Review":

No comments:

Post a Comment